Re: [DMCForum] wheels shake update...again

Re: [DMCForum] wheels shake update...again

i had new trailing arm bolts installed when I did the frame restoration.  I guess its possible that I need a rear end alignment.

Erik

DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had bad rear tires on my car plus bent Trailing arm bolts and one
Trailing arm bolt bushing was shaped like Pac-Man and had the same
vibration. I replaced it all and it is as smooth as silk now.

All my tires were balanced off the car.

Mark V

On Aug 10, 2005, at 9:30 PM, Erik Geerdink wrote:

> Ok, so I went under the car and retorqued everything.  I also reseated
> the steering rack to make sure.  I did notice that the sway bar wasn't
> torqued down enough.  And also the passenger tierod/spindle connection
> wasn't torqued all the way.  I also reseated and adjusted the upper
> and lower steering column joints.  HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!  It drives
> like a different car.  My squirely rear end is gone, my teeth
> chattering rattle is gone as well.  There is still a bit of a
> vibration at 60MPH, but after I get passed 65mph it goes away.  If
> anyone has any ideas as to what the vibration might be, please let me
> know.  I'm betting I need to take it to a place that can balance my
> wheels properly.  Doesn't it need to be done on the car?  Last time i
> know it was done OFF the car.
>
> Erik

> Yahoo! Groups Links

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac