only. Rest of the block is pure vintage quality design. It's also a
torque monster -- something like 215 lbs at no more than 1,800 RPM.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMC Erik <dmcerik@xxxx> wrote:
> A quick chime in on the Jeep mention.  My parents bought a new Jeep
Cherokee in 1998.  Its the biggest work horse I've seen!  That I-6 has
hauled more deloreans across country...hauled more (fill in the blank)
on our flatbed trailer than I can remember.  The thing even hauled the
original D-rex from Texas to Chicago through the mountains.  Sure, we
weren't going 80MPH through the mountains, but a nice steady 55mph got
us there and back with no issues.  When my dad found out they were
cancelling the Cherokee he shook his head in disbelief.
> 160K miles later the 1998 Cherokee is still going along, as good as
it was when it was new.

> erik
> 4512
>

> Once upon a time before the Cherokee got canceled (and now brought
> back), the I-6 engine was able to fit in both the Cherokee, and the
> Wrangler. And even the Commanche pick-up truck once upon a time ago.
> It's a great engine, but what else could you shove it into because of
> it's length? So when the time comes to retool, it gets dumped in
> favor of more compact engines that are used on multiple platforms.
> And many Jeep owners (including myself) are not happy about the
> demise of such a rugged, reliable engine. But Jeeps keep selling, so
> it's not a loss of profit motivation from consumer input. It's just
> what's cheaper in the long run, despite customer loyalty in many
> cases. Kinda like the F-body too...

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac