[DMCForum] Re: Angle Drive Cable (Martin)

[DMCForum] Re: Angle Drive Cable (Martin)

Did you just start a job recently Bill? You were unemployed per your
message yesterday.

-Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
wrote:
> That was a failed attempt at humor, written after a long and tiring
> afternoon of my new life as an arborist. I may be mad, but even I
> would buy a proper $50 angle drive from Houston before I moved
> everything to the other side of the car (which of course wouldn't
> resolve the direction of magnet rotation I know, but remember: it
was
> a failed attempt at humor).
>
> Your Citroen probably takes off from the left wheel because an
> overwhelming majority of the production went to the continent.
Doesn't
> make sense to produce a speedometer for the right wheel for British
> consumption alone (a longer cable is much cheaper).
>
> I can't figure out why DMC didn't take off from the transmission
like
> 99.9% of the world does. It's a tried & true method, used for
decades,
> that rarely fails.
>
> Of course carburetion also is a tried & true method, used for
decades,
> that rarely fails, so there's no accounting for taste.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx>
wrote:
> > He can try. Without replcing the gears, his speedo will spin
backwards.

> > Right-hand drive DeLoreans still take the speedo drive off the
left
> > wheel, and the longer cable results in "jumping needle" issues.
> >
> > One of my Citroens takes a speedo drive off the left front
wheel.
> > 173,000 miles and counting. Still works, but the needle wobbles
a bit,
> > common to all of these cars because the speedo cable is so
long...
> > (natively left-hand drive)
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > Marc Levy wrote:
> >
> > > How will it help to move it over to the right??

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS