Re: [DMCForum] Re: Angle Drive Cable

content22207 wrote:

> Haven't opened one up yet so I don't know if gears can be flipped, but
> I now have two Smith Motor Accessories units (and two witnesses) with
> the drive cable wound in the same direction as left wheel rotation.
> That's why they eventually unwind and turn into spaghetti.
>
> Yet more quality DMC engineering.
>
> Bill Robertson

No, they unwind because the angle drive jams.

I'm not arguing your point though - you're absolutely correct that they
should be wound the other way

The gears cannot be flipped. They are screw gears, and one is larger
than the other. Turning them around will no more reverse the rotation
than turning a regular bolt around gives it a left-handed thread

Martin

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS