Re: [DMCForum] Re: Chain Saw Lives (carburetion vs fuel injection)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Chain Saw Lives (carburetion vs fuel injection)

Hmmm....... I store my car from the day after Trick-Or-Treat till April
or May and she fires right up too with out a Carburetor and that K
Jetronic works fine every time for me.

Step up to the 90's man and abandon the Carburetor.

Mark V

On Jul 28, 2005, at 9:33 PM, content22207 wrote:

> Actually the more I used it the more civil it became. By the end of
> the day it was pretty much back to its original self, minus the chain
> oiler of course (slings copious amounts of oil -- almost 2 quarts per
> tank of fuel). I guess that's one advantage of carburetion over fuel
> injection -- a carb can unglue itself, whereas fuel injectors have to
> be ultrasonically cleaned & flow tested.
>
> In the future I am going to fire the thing up several times annually
> just so I don't have to go through this resurrection process again
> (unemployed people are surely the only ones with three days to spend
> resurrecting a $100 chain saw).
>
> My DeLo is the same story. Have been living out of the trucks for the
> past 2 weeks. Haven't even started the car in the interim. But I know
> that it will eventually fire on the first key turn and run flawlessly
> thereafter. That's why I carbureted it -- don't have the time or
> patience to screw around with K Jetronic.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
>> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxx> wrote:
>> Or, from another angle, it only cost you $11 to cut off your face. =)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jon Heese
>>
>> content22207 wrote:
>>> On the bright side, it only cost me $11 to resurrect the thing.
>>>
>>> Bill Robertson
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS