[DMCForum] Re: off-topic (MG?) / Triumph SPITFIRE

[DMCForum] Re: off-topic (MG?) / Triumph SPITFIRE

Matt,

I havent got an MG but I've got a '73 Triumph MKIV Spitfire, I've
had 2 of them and they are superb.

The MG has a bit more power as I think they come in 1.6 and 1.8ltr
sizes, but the lines of the Spit do it for me.

Very reliable, cheap easy to get parts, easy to fix, I have used my
Spitfire to get to work for the last month and completed a 1000mile
round trip to Land End (see www.nightorday.co.uk) with out a single
problem.

As for MG's they are in the same ball park as Triumphs, just watch
out for the old tin worm and bodged repairs, other than that you
can't go too wrong.

There are loads of Spitfires for sale in the USA on eBay, it'll be
the cheapest fu you ever had.

Regards

James RG
England UK

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx>
wrote:> Mike Clemens is the MG master.
--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Matt Spittle" <mds328@xxxx> wrote:

Hey fellas,

I was contemplating purchasing a '70-74 MGB for my daily driver.  Do
any of you D owners have experience w/ them and can relate owning
one of those compared to owning a D?  They seem inexpensive, and
since I take a bus to work, I don't need something ultra-reliable.
I have been interested in getting a convertible of some sort for
awhile now, though.

thanks,

Matt

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS