[DMCForum] Drowning squirrels and the dental hygenist

[DMCForum] Drowning squirrels and the dental hygenist

That's a good story Erik.

She sounds like one of those people that wants to pass "X's Law"
(insert tragically killed offspring's name in place of "X") because
her kid was killed in a car accident and as a way of soothing her
soul feels the need to inflict an increase in the legal driving age
to 18 years old on every other child and parent in the United States.

Let's get one thing straight: I am NOT downplaying the signifigance
of ANYONE's death but I'm sick and tired of parents whining to the
legislature and continually passing laws that ever further restrict
mine and/or my kids' lives just because their child either:

a) was poorly trained in whatever they were doing
b) exercised poor judgement in whatever they were doing or
c) was just plain a victim of tragic circumstances.

Their mantra is always the same: "I never ever want any parent to go
through what I've gone through." or my other personal favorite: "I'm
going to make sure that this never ever happens again!"

Dave's right. We're protecting the stupid at our expense at too
great a price for my taste. If I blow my foot off while cleaning my
shotgun, I don't want any of you to shed a tear or write a law about
it. It's tragic, but shit happens and I'll either get over it or die.

Rich A.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS