From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf
Of therealdmcvegas
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:00 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Corvette Summer finally

It is indeed "Rice". You don't need to match several items together
to rice-out a car. One or two of the most obvious will infact do it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricer

This 'Vette has a nasty paint job, a raped front clip from a nasty
body kit, and perhaps one of the most useless, ugleiest, and non-
functioning engine intakes known to mankind. What you also don't see
is on the driver's side, the intake scoops curve FORWARD. It's really
goofy when looking at the car from an opposite angle. How in the hell
can the driver possibly see out the front window of that thing
anyways? And how is it attached? It looks as though it would crack
the fiberglass at highspeeds. And the only reason I'm not going to
ding the car for that rear spoiler, is because it actually is RWD.

I don't like Corvettes myself. But, damn. No car should be ruined
like that. That's almost as bad as setting the thing on fire.

And yes, I hate "Art Cars" too.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> It's so NOT rice.  It is late seventies early eighties cheesy
design, but
> not rice.  You can tell by the lack of performance-increasing
stickers on
> the side, and the punk behind the wheel leaning to the side because
it's
> better to be cool than actually try to drive the car. :)
>
> Greg

Behalf
> Of therealdmcvegas
> Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 9:30 PM
> To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Corvette Summer finally
>
> "Custom" when describing the Corvette in this film is putting it
> lightly... "Prehistoric Rice" is more like it. Three words for
those
> who've never seen this flick:
>
> "Cheese Grater Intake"
>
> -Robert
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike Walsh" <mike@xxxx> wrote:
> > I just noticed that Corvette Summer (1978) is being released on
DVD
> > Aug
> > 30.
> >
> > If anyone remembers it, Mark Hamill stars as a high school student
> > who
> > together with the rest of the auto class build a custom Corvette.
> > It's
> > your basic story about an obsession with a car - sound familiar???
> >
> > Mike Walsh
> > #17084

Yahoo! Groups Links

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS