Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:05:24 -0000
   From: "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Separate entrances into Dunmurry (was Re: The 2nd Amendment)

Hi Bob,

I don't think JZD decided he'd have a Catholic entrance and a
Protestant entrance to the factory. The factory was built between 2
housing estates, 1 Catholic, 1 Protestant, so in building an entrance
from each side, it allowed both communities access to the factory
without walking too far. I don't think they would have refused entry
to a Protestant person if he decided to get some fresh air before his
day of work, and walked around to the "catholic" entrance!

A silly point I know, but no point in re-enforcing a myth about
Catholic/Protestant entrances existing for any reason other than to
allow people living on both sides (geographically speaking) of the
factory easier access.

Just like the UK, it's a pretty rare event in Ireland when someone is
shot, and our gun laws are very strict. The Gardai (cops) don't have
them either over here. Who knows why, but it isn't as big a problem
in Ireland as it is in America. That said, I've never felt nervous
about being in the USA with regard to guns etc.

John