[DMCForum] Separate entrances into Dunmurry (was Re: The 2nd Amendment)

[DMCForum] Separate entrances into Dunmurry (was Re: The 2nd Amendment)

Hi Bob,

I don't think JZD decided he'd have a Catholic entrance and a
Protestant entrance to the factory. The factory was built between 2
housing estates, 1 Catholic, 1 Protestant, so in building an entrance
from each side, it allowed both communities access to the factory
without walking too far. I don't think they would have refused entry
to a Protestant person if he decided to get some fresh air before his
day of work, and walked around to the "catholic" entrance!

A silly point I know, but no point in re-enforcing a myth about
Catholic/Protestant entrances existing for any reason other than to
allow people living on both sides (geographically speaking) of the
factory easier access.

Just like the UK, it's a pretty rare event in Ireland when someone is
shot, and our gun laws are very strict. The Gardai (cops) don't have
them either over here. Who knows why, but it isn't as big a problem
in Ireland as it is in America. That said, I've never felt nervous
about being in the USA with regard to guns etc.

John

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxx> wrote:
> This whole gun level thing is nothing but a diversion taking
people's
> attention from the real social issues.
>
> The real problem lies in WHY people use weapons.   Why are there
gangs?
>    Teenage unemployment is the higher level it has been since the
end of
> WWII.
>
> Why are there so many poor people that resort to violence to
survive?

> The closet best example of this is Ireland.
>
> There was so much violence there year ago, because unemployment
varied
> from 25-50%.   Catholic's gave cathoic's jobs and protestants gave
> protestants jobs.
>
> JZD was the first employer to employ both together.   (Though he
did
> have separate entrances.)
>

> In  the last 5 years,  the EU has spend over a billion dollars in
> Ireland to create jobs.   Unemployment is now less than 10%.
>
> Gee, no more violence!
>

> Weapons makers  (aka defense contractors) make money by supporting
> conditions that generate violence.  THey have no interest in peace
or
> jobs (except for the rich executives.)
>

> Unemployment in Palestine is 50%.  Gee, does not take a genus to
figure
> out why there is some much violence there.
>
> Remember the US supports the Israel economic with over
$15,000,000,000
> in free foreign aid.  That's over $2000 per Israeli citizen.   I
wish
> some one would give me $2,000 per year for doing nothing.
>
> Think the Palestinians would be a lot happier if they had the same
> level of free money.   Think this money would stimulate their
economy
> and get  rid of the violence.
>

> The gun issue is a scam.    It only hides t he real social problems.
>

> BOB

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS