From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Martin Gutkowski
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 6:02 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] The 2nd Amendment

Whatever you say about Bowling for Columbine, and I really am no expert
on this, I don't think you can debunk the ststistics on gun DEATHS in
the US compared to other countries, including those for whom guns are
legal. Look at Canada. That bit of the film was really shocking.

BFC looked at possible reasons for the disparity, and pointed largely at
the media in the US being responsible. Can you disprove or point to
anyhting else?

Handguns were banned in the UK after the Dunblane massacre. At the time
I was against the ban - I had a friend at school (then) who shot
handguns as a hobby - but you can't argue that the figures speak for
themselves.

I'm anti-gun. I don't think less of those who are pro-gun and keep/use
them responsibly, but that 1% of people who don't, generate 99% of the
problems. Outright ban? Sure there will be black market guns, but when
someone is killed in a gun crime, it's national news here - and that
happens maybe twice a year!

Martin

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS