[DMCForum] Ripped Off

You never think it is going to happen to you until it does...someone broke
into, well I should say opened the door to my UNLOCKED Magnum and helped
themselves to some of the contents!

I was viting my buddy Hugh who lives just down the road in a nice, white,
middle class neighborhood and I dropped by to say "hi" and left the car
unlocked as I usually do.
He has left all of his cars unlocked there for 20 years with no problems. It
was about 9:30PM, the door was open with a screen door. Car parked right
outside, visible from the couch. I was watching TV.
When I went back to the car I noticed some things that were in my console
were now on my seat.
I looked in the console to find my two CD cases were missing, and my 9mm
Berretta!
HOLY SHIT!
The funny thing is, I had a high end 3CCD MiniDV Camcorder sitting in plain
view, no case right on the passeneger seat and they left it!
What?
I think that I had some papers there with it that covered it up just enough
that they missed it, and they were so exited to grab and run with what they
found they didn't bother with my portable Sirius radio, or the $300 pair of
Oakley glasses.....

Some would consider be lucky, but I feel totally violated!
I have never been ripped off like this before, and I know
some of you will try to make me feel better by telling me even worse horror
stories....but none of that is going to
make me feel any more safe, because I realize now just how fucked up it is
out there and how quick these scumbags can rip you off.

If I had just LOCKED the car this would not have happened, but I have
decided that I am going to install a high end alarm with two-way paging, and
turn on the AUTO-LOCK feature from now on.

Your car is not safe anywhere, at anytime, period.

Ironic that all this week I have been talking about installing the MOPAR
factory remote start system....well not after tonight.
The reason the guy who sold it to me got rid of it was for the same reason,
he decided to install a Viper alarm.
I am going to do the same.

I still have my Desert Eagle .50, a little heavy but better that nothing.

- Videobob

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS