[DMCForum] Re: Unique Red Doubledecker Buses? (Martin Gutkowski, er, Wal

[DMCForum] Re: Unique Red Doubledecker Buses? (Martin Gutkowski, er, Walnut Bladder)

Oh dear, do we need to go all the way back to the beginning?

To save time: This is the Reader's Digest Condensed Version:

Martin: Why do they still use those dirty old double decker buses in
London?

Bill: Because they are uniquely suited to City Center, so much so that
Brits themselves call them "London Buses."

Martin: Bullocks -- you're full of piss.

Bill: I am not, you are.

Martin: Any red London Transport bus is technically a "London Bus".

Bill: Yes, but those dirty old buses you first complained about are so
distinctive to the city that Brits themselves call them "London Buses"
versus simple "double decker buses" found elsewhere in the country.

Martin: Double bullocks -- you have twice as much piss.

Darren: I'm British, and I agree with Martin.

Bill: I've spent more than 12 months in Great Britain over a quarter
century, and BRITS THEMSELVES told me those "dirty old buses" (AEC
Routemasters) are known as far away as Scotland as "London Buses."

Bill: Here's a website that says the exact same thing.

Martin: Treble bullocks -- piss is now running out your ears, just
like George the Younger.

Marc: Would you two knock it off -- we need the bandwidth to discuss
Bob's cooling fans and the crappy DeLorean in Florida.

Bill: The nice people in southwest England themselves told me
Devonshire is known as "Devonshire", just as the nice people in
Scotland themselves told me Routemasters are known as "London Buses."

Martin: Quadruple bullocks -- you need to start bottling your piss as
selling it on the open market.

Bill: Here's a website that says the exact same thing.

Mark: Did someone just mention the crappy DeLorean in Florida?

Bill: Quiet -- Martin and I are in the middle of a pissing contest.

Robert: Doesn't everything Americans know about Great Britain come
from imported comedy anyway?

Bill: Quiet -- Martin and I are in the middle of a pissing contest.

Bill: OK I give up -- Martin has more piss than me.

Martin: And my bladder can be compared to a Walnut, thank you very much.

Dave: Did someone mention double decker buses?

Greg: Quiet -- we're discussing Martin's bladder now.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
> content22207 wrote:
>
> > There are double decker buses all over the world. The question was: is
> > there something distinctly London about a "London Bus". My contention
> > is that there is:
> > - Designed by London Transport for its own use
> > - Open rear platform versus folding doors, especially in today's world
> > I further contend that these particular buses remain in service
> > because they are so uniquely suited to service in Central London.
>

> So by your argument, a double decker bus, painted red with "London
> Transport " written on the side found trundling down Oxford street
every
> day and everywhere else in London is NOT a London bus?
>
> Darren pointed out that Routemasters have been used elsewhere anyway.
>
> New York has red double decker buses?! Copycats.... <grin> Next you'll
> be painting your taxis/cabs black!
>
> Martin

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS