[DMCForum] eBay project car update... Deloghini...

[DMCForum] eBay project car update... Deloghini...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=456079211
1&category=31830

I was going to wait until tomorrow morning to send this but decided to
tonight as the auction is ending soon.  I am a bit tired, so I hope I get
all of the details correct.  Also, please keep in mind I am -not- trying to
sabotage this auction but just passing along information.

I spent some time talking with the person in possession of this car.  I say
possession because he does not have a title.  Also, the seller is not the
owner but a friend.

This seems to be a long story so I will try and condense everything.  The
possessor took the car in lieu of payment from someone that owned him money.
I think this was from a rental property.   The renter also used the title as
collateral for another loan and apparently defaulted on that as well.  The
current possessor is just trying to recover some of his costs by selling the
car.

He stated the title will be clear in January 2007, which doesn't make sense
to me.  I was told the person holding the title may soon pass on and then it
could be released earlier.  The West Virginia DMV told me there were two
liens on the title, and the current possessor had no right to sell the car
whatsoever.  In other words, he legally can not sell the car.  Apparently
the car can not be parted out legally, either.

I was also told the car has not ran in six years, but has been stored inside
until recently.  The garage storing the car went out of business, so it was
moved to where you see it now.  The car has apparently sat outside for about
a year now, like it can be seen in the pictures.

I was planning to bid on this car but in light of this recent information
have decided not to.  My worries would be someone trying to reclaim the car,
and losing the money I paid.  Again, all disclaimers are in place here and
this is just my opinion based on what I understood during the phone
conversations.

I hope this made sense. :)

Greg

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS