RE: [DMCForum] flux capacitor (was: Re: DeLorean spotted ...)

RE: [DMCForum] flux capacitor (was: Re: DeLorean spotted ...)

Well, I put the website together for the fans to enjoy.
I want people to download the stuff, print it and enjoy it.... but when they
copy it all to a CD
and SELL it, they are ripping off the customer who could be getting it for
free.
It states in the bylaws of the website upon signing up that all the files
are available to the members for free as long as they do not use the props
for profit, or if any of the materials or references are used to build props
that are sold that they are required to mention the web site as credit.

So let's say you used the instructions and logos, etc. to build a prop for
the purpose of selling
that the ad should mention my website.

All of this stuff really belongs to the artists and Universal so I can't
claim ownership.
However a lot of this stuff has been hand made, re-drawn, or cleaned up in
some
form or another. But even if I re-create something that doesn't make it
mine.
...but if I am paying to maintain the website and all that I am not going to
support some
ass hole who is selling all my work!

I sell the props that I mention on my site, but also offer instructions on
how to build all the stuff DIY if you choose, but most don't have the tools
and skill to build this stuff and would rather buy it.
I also sell my props for less than anyone else.
Most of the stuff I build and sell is sold for almost half of what others
sell it for.

It was just my way of supporting the hobby and the fans of BTTF.
- Videobob

>From: "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [DMCForum] flux capacitor (was: Re: DeLorean spotted ...)
>Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:08:33 -0400
>
><snip>
> >I pretty much reveal and teach how to build most all of the props, and
> >you can download FOR FREE all of the printable props.
> >Most all of those guys who are selling the props on eBay pretty much
>stole
> >them from my website.
> >
> >- Videobob
>

>If you offer it for free, how can someone steal it?
>
>Greg

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS