[DMCForum] Re: Digest 1651 - msg 16: early VIN fuse box

[DMCForum] Re: Digest 1651 - msg 16: early VIN fuse box

Yeah, that fuse is labeled for the brake lights, and does indeed
control them. I knocked it loose one night after re-installing my door
lamp fuse, and another motorist stopped to tell me that I had no brake
lamps when I drove to the store for some groceries.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Thank you for the information.  I have received a few off-list
replies and
> the current theory is that some of the early cars were indeed
missing this
> wire connection.
>
> I haven't checked my fuse box cover yet to see if it has "spare" or
"brake
> lights" embossed on it.  I can see the correct wires in the harness
and they
> pass right by my fuse box without any interruptions.
>
> Anyone else check theirs yet?
>
> Greg

Behalf
> Of Mike Hirko
> Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 6:56 PM
> To: dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DMCForum] Digest 1651 - msg 16: early VIN fuse box
>
>      Uhhh, Greg, maybe I'll start this off...
>
> My vehicle:
>
> VIN 1387
>
> 1981 5 Speed - Black Interior - Gas Flap
>
> I Crashed This Car ~ 15 years ago
> Don Steger & Don Eitleman Replaced Right Front Fender
> and Repaired Dented Passenger Door
> Also Replaced Headliner
> Still Looks Damn Good To Me
>
> Washington State License Plate "WAWAZAT"
>
>      I just checked my fuse panel - the cover states
> that position 18 is "Spare" - there is a 20 amp fuse
> in that spot but there are no wires to the contacts
> beneath. I have never had a brake light problem in the
>
> nearly 20 years that I've owned this vehicle, not even
> a burned out bulb, thus never had an occasion to track
> any of this down. Up until NOW, dammit.
>      All wiring literature that I have looked at state
> that position 18 IS for the "stop lamps". Obviously in
> my case this is NOT CORRECT. But when I find the time
> I will no doubt have to check this out.
>      I'm looking forward to responses from other
> owners, especially if their fuse panel cover also says
> position 18 is "Spare".
>
> Mike Hirko
>
> *****
>
> Message: 16
>    Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 00:16:26 -0400
>    From: "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx>
> Subject: early VIN fuse box...
>
> Who here has the lowest VIN?  Say, below VIN 2000?  If
> everyone would please check the wire color codes on
> the back of your fuse box under position eighteen and
> report it to the group it would be greatly
> appreciated. :)
>
> Fuse position eighteen is for your brake lights.
>
> Greg
>
> Mike Hirko
>  WAWAZAT

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS