[DMCForum] Digest 1651 - msg 16: early VIN fuse box

[DMCForum] Digest 1651 - msg 16: early VIN fuse box

     Uhhh, Greg, maybe I'll start this off...

My vehicle:

VIN 1387

1981 5 Speed - Black Interior - Gas Flap

I Crashed This Car ~ 15 years ago
Don Steger & Don Eitleman Replaced Right Front Fender
and Repaired Dented Passenger Door
Also Replaced Headliner
Still Looks Damn Good To Me

Washington State License Plate "WAWAZAT"

     I just checked my fuse panel - the cover states
that position 18 is "Spare" - there is a 20 amp fuse
in that spot but there are no wires to the contacts
beneath. I have never had a brake light problem in the

nearly 20 years that I've owned this vehicle, not even
a burned out bulb, thus never had an occasion to track
any of this down. Up until NOW, dammit.
     All wiring literature that I have looked at state
that position 18 IS for the "stop lamps". Obviously in
my case this is NOT CORRECT. But when I find the time
I will no doubt have to check this out.
     I'm looking forward to responses from other
owners, especially if their fuse panel cover also says
position 18 is "Spare".

Mike Hirko

*****

Message: 16