[DMCForum] Re: ?s for Howard (was: Final Joe Message.......Thanks for re

[DMCForum] Re: ?s for Howard (was: Final Joe Message.......Thanks for reading)

Shannon,
Yes I bought Parkers car but I had it trailered to PA.
I had to replace the rotars/Calipers/hoses because it didn't stop.
Parker was to have replaced the calipers and didn't.

I believe the mileage is low, 725 who know's. One thing I do know is
the mileage is low and certainly not 100725 like many have suggested
on this board.   If you look at the orginal brake pads, aside from
being rusted they are very similliar in size of the new pads.  The
clutch, brake, and gas pedal covers are perfect.  All the molding
appears new.  There are no records on  carfax of any inspections and
the last registration is 1986.  The engine runs like new and doesn't
drip a drop of fluid.  I had the frame inspected and it has no more
rust.  The next problem that I need to take care of is in the
steering.  There is some play and I need to replace some bushings,
tie rods, and lower control arm.

I am happy to own a delorean but I think I may have overpaid given
the unexpected mechanical problems.  I wanted an 81 stick with Black
and low miles.  It will be worth it in the end.-- In
DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Howard,
> With all the "buyer bewares" out there I'm confused... Did you buy
this car from
> Parker the  used car salesman in Toledo, OH ?
>
> If so:
> Why do you need to redo the brakes. When I stopped by Parkers
mechanic was in the
> process of fixing the brakes. (  pictures here:
> http://www.wcnet.org/~delorean/images/725mi-EbayCar/  )
>
> What do you think about the 725 or so claimed miles? I personally
think no
> frick'n way after I saw the engine and when Parkers mechanic asked
me if my angle
> drive broke yet while telling me he fixes broken angle drives (the
one on
> Parker's car was disconnected  & being fixed while I was there).
>
> Parker wanted to fix up the car so the buyer could drive it home.
If you drove it
> home how did it handle, I'd imagine you drove it a few states away?
>
> Your car was also talked about on the DML while it was up for
auction.

> Shannon Y
> 16506
>
> --------------------------------------
> Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:25:00 -0000
>    From: "howardeskinjr" <howardeskinjr@xxxx>
> Subject: Final Joe Message.......Thanks for reading
>
> All,
> I am new to the Delorean community and I don't want to known as
the
> guy who fights with Joe.  I don't like Joe and never will but I'm
> sure many of you do like him, therefore I am going to stop wasting
> everyones time with these senseless posts.
>
> I obviously bought 3879 sight unseen as I didn't have the time to
> make the trip to see it.  It does have rust on the frame but it
> appears to have been repaired.  How good of a job is yet to be
> determined.  Anyway, my car has a very nice interior and runs
> great.  It clearly needs work on the exterior and I am in the
> process of replacing the entire braking system.  I am enjoying
doing
> the work and I apprecaite any advice or things to look for.  I am
> dealing with Special T auto and I have been in touch with Rob from
> PG Grady for the cosmetic work.
>
> I would like to put the O'brien war to rest and move forward.
Joe,