Re: [DMCForum] What an original fuel pump looks like in YOUR Delorean

Re: [DMCForum] What an original fuel pump looks like in YOUR Delorean

Wow! I thought my pump was in bad shape when I replaced it. For me, it was
the check value that went out causing a hot start and mild cold start
problems. It's really amazing how long these pumps can go considering the
shape they are in. I have to admit, I was in the "out of sight, out of
mind" group for awhile.

Glad to see the site back up again,
Chris

At 02:30 PM 7/4/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>      For those who dont know, ive stopped work on the
>site in the last year until my second degree is
>finished, which is next month. (Though i do keep it up
>and running)
>
>However, as a special treat Ive posted pictures of the
>fuel pump replacement, done by Wolfgang Hank at his
>shop in Bavaria.
>
>For those who think that just because your delorean is
>in good condition and well kept that the fuel pump is
>ok, prepare to be surprised.
>
>First I started with hesitation going uphill.
>Then hesitation when starting moving from 0 kph
>then hesitation at idle with the ac on
>then a loud buzzing noise
>then sudden death at random times.
>
>The new pump cleared all of these issues up with no
>other work.
>

>see why in the galleries section under fuel pump
>swapout.
>
><http://retroserver.no-ip.com/>http://retroserver.no-ip.com/
>
>jordan
>11613