RE: [DMCForum] Re: My Delorean is for sale

RE: [DMCForum] Re: My Delorean is for sale

Strange how he just joins, but wants to implement a PHPBB as his first
order of business...

Again folks, for anyone who want a web-based forum, feel free to start
one up.  You will see very few people move over from the email list, but
by all means, feel free to develop one.  I've even offered to host it on
my servers for those who would like to try.  If not, there are already a
multitude of (basically empty) DMC web forums out there that y'all can
join.  The only one doing well is Tamir's.

Email works well because it goes right into my mailbox without me having
to go and get it.  Simple as that.  =)

And before you get all high and mighty, I DO run both email lists and
web based forums, and my web sites have over half a million pages, so I
do have a slight idea of what I'm talking about.  People are on the
email discussion list, because they want email discussions.  People join
web forums because they want web-based discussions.  Web is web and
email is email, and very few folks will do both for a particular topic.

-Dave