[DMCForum] Re: Village Idiot SURVIVES (Martin)

[DMCForum] Re: Village Idiot SURVIVES (Martin)

Which part do you agree with: the part that my techniques confuse
people, or the part that Americans are becoming mechanical
nincompoops? Honestly, I worry for the country. The day is coming when
Americans will starve to death if you lock them in a room with a loaf
of bread, a package of ham, and sandwich assembly instructions. Take
this weekend for example: in the innermost circle of Graduate Hell my
next door neighbor comes knocking on my door with hedge trimmers in
hand (those hedge trimmers have been my bane. If I ever manage to find
another job, I'm going to buy him a brand new pair -- gasoline powered
so he'll stop hacking his extension cord in two). Anyway, apparently
the hedge trimmers had not been feeling well, and now they had died
altogether. I opened them up and found not a single shred of brushes.
I think he'd been running the things on the tension springs and dust.
The hardware store didn't have that size brushes, but I found some
larger ones & cut them down. You would have thought I had just
performed brain surgery. The man was ecstastic. He wee-wee'd all over
himself, myself, and the freshly resurrected hedge trimmers.

That's what America is coming to. I'm really beginning to question
whether I want to become a public school teacher -- standardized
curricula and assessments are killing the kids. Creativity has been
totally removed. Original thinking has been totally removed. This year
something like 70% of North Carolina's 10th graders failed the
standardized writing test because they couldn't write a mock newspaper
editorial about the benefits of individuality and being an individual
(despite the fact that the instructions included six famous quotes
about individualism). George Orwell, move over.

Anyway, what does it matter if no one else can figure out why their
DeLorean won't start? Mine does. Every time. On the first key turn.
And since I'm driving my car and not theirs, I really have no problems
(DeLorean wise).

Urp?

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
> content22207 wrote:
>
> > Things really came to a
> > head when Jeff started producing intake manifolds. I've been told that
> > most DeLorean owners are not capable of doing their own work, that all
> > they want is information they can forward to a 3rd party mechanic, and
> > that I'm confusing them with my non-standard techniques. Poor babies.
> > To be honest, the neverending caterwauls that "my car won't start" do
> > become tiresome after a while.
>

> On that at least, Bill we can agree. The bit about Galileo, perhaps
not :-)

> Martin

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS