From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of content22207
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:07 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Village Idiot SURVIVES

Oh, he's very much alive & kicking. My latest eMail from him is dated
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 05:20:56.

BTW: he says you're mistaken about the dating service -- he didn't
*USE* it, he *OWNED* it. Skimmed from it the cream of the (presumably)
female members. That's the source of the exotic wife, who apparently
is not the supermodel girlfriend of last year.

No mention of the kids. Guess they went with the supermodel. No loss
-- I don't think he's very nurturing with children.

You're apparently correct about his lack of accredited education. I'd
like to see him pull off three graduate level classes in a summer
semester (looking like 4.0's BTW).

Regarding the DML: I think I'm their Galileo. Things really came to a
head when Jeff started producing intake manifolds. I've been told that
most DeLorean owners are not capable of doing their own work, that all
they want is information they can forward to a 3rd party mechanic, and
that I'm confusing them with my non-standard techniques. Poor babies.
To be honest, the neverending caterwauls that "my car won't start" do
become tiresome after a while.

I don't think my membership has been revoked, but the photo album is
gone (if anyone needs a pic, just eMail me direct).

As far as I'm concerned they can all line up. My DeLo may be
non-standard, but it perfors like a champion. I'm absolutely living
out of the thing -- 2-3 hours per day. Am averaging 21 MPG @ 2500-2700
RPM (still haven't replaced the angle drive). Just changed my oil
about an hour ago: 5 oz consumed. If I didn't have to be in class at
6:15 tomorrow morning I'd start driving to California in the thing.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> Bill,
>
> You really should stop referring to yourself as the village idiot.  The
> prick that created that nick name is no longer on the Forum.  Well,
he may
> be but doesn't have the cohones to let everyone else know.
>
> About the DML, you were kicked off?  As in you no longer have access
to that
> group?
>
> I haven't heard anything in a long time about the SEDOC meet.
>
> Greg

Behalf
> Of content22207
> Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 5:55 PM
> To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DMCForum] Village Idiot SURVIVES
>
> Having just finished the last research paper for the stupidest
> decision of my life (taking THREE classes in an abbreviated 4 week
> Summer semester), I thought I'd re-introduce myself.
>
> Plus I'm persona non grata on the DML, so it looks like the Forum is
> going to be my only online link to the DeLo community (bit like
> depending on Delta House for homework assignments, but I've got to
> play the hand dealt me).
>
> BTW: My DeLo has been my savior this semester. To save insurance
> costs, all the Lincoln tags have been turned in. Then a tractor
> trailer cut me off in the Blue truck, and I lost brake hydraulics
> standing up on them (don't worry -- I'll diagnose and repair now that
> the semester is ending). Then the summertime heat hit. Since the DeLo
> is my only tagged vehicle with A/C, it's become my primary go to
> school vehicle. Two trips per day (More than 100 miles). All I do is
> add gas and drive. Haven't washed or vacuumed the poor thing once (I
> eat breakfast in the car -- 6:15 am class -- so it REALLY needs a
> vacuuming). I don't want to hear any crap about DeLoreans not being
> reliable little cars.
>
> Anyway, what have I missed? I see some sort of "God" reference on the
> index page, which reminds me of Walt. Any news? I was kicked off the
> DML just as Jeff Friday's intake manifolds were coming out. Any news
> on them? With temps in the 90's I suppose R134 is the topic of the
> day. Anybody heard anything about SEDOC? I *STILL* haven't replaced my
> quarter panel, so if I go it may well be in a dented DeLo.
>
> Speaking of going places: I'm going to make a sanity trip to DC next
> weekend if anyone wants to get together. Will drive the DeLo of course.
>
> Bill Robertson

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS