Re: [DMCForum] Re: My Delorean is for sale

Re: [DMCForum] Re: My Delorean is for sale

Randy,

In light of these revelations, Tom's auction was clearly deceptive. By
not explicitly stating this car has a salvage title because it was
rolled, he has at the least grossly misrepresented the car, at worst
committed outright fraud. Your deposit should be refunded, in full,
immediately.

If Tom fails to return this money to you by Sunday, please let us
know. There are several members here who have experience handling
matters such as this and we would be happy to assist you. Tom is not
the first to play these games with DeLoreans, nor will he be the last.
I would advise you not to wait any later than Sunday despite any
excuses you may be given. There are basic steps you can take to give
you further leverage and I can walk you through them. Last year I
succeeded in bringing down an eBayer who had scammed myself and dozens
of others; most of us got our money back. It's funny how receptive
petty criminals become when local police officers pay them a visit.
Especially that one, who thought the "anonymous Internet" made him
untouchable.

Tom: We are not cruel, nor mean, nor trying to prevent you from
selling your car. But we take care of our own, and potential DeLorean
owners are in the family as far as I'm concerned. If you want to sell
your car, I suggest you craft a more honest auction. No, you aren't
going to make as much money when you're up front about the car's
problems. But it beats scamming someone, getting sued, and going to
jail. Just ask Claude, a former member here, what jail is like. He
pulled similar stunts and the DeLorean community brought the law to
his doorstep.

If this whole issue was an honest mistake and if you need help
crafting an honest auction, let me know. I would be more than happy to
assist you, free of charge. I can draft professional text that will
help maximize the dollar amount you can get without misleading people.

-Ryan