From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ryan Wright
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:08 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Clutch woes

Folks,

Everything is back together as of midnight last night. I've got the
car with me at work this morning. Clutch is perfect, again. Man, I
missed my car. I know it was only a week (I parked it in the garage
last Thursday) but it feels like a month.

The problem was definitely the pressure plate not being bolted down as
tight as it should have been; I followed the workshop manual too
closely. It says to torque to 15ft/lbs, which is what I would have
done last fall. Putting it back together this time, that wasn't nearly
enough to really compress everything down properly. I also put a fair
amount of loctite on the bolts, so I should be good for a long time
now.

The good news is I'm getting damn good at pulling and replacing the
transmission & adjusting the clutch linkage. I've got it shifting
smoother than it ever has now. Once my new bushings arrive from DMCH,
it should be smooth as butter. Oh, and bleeding the clutch is only a
10 minute job now. I almost bought an extension hose to make bleeding
easier, but now am glad I didn't. After doing it several times, it's
very easy.

-Ryan