[DMCForum] Re: Bill Collins is not amused.

[DMCForum] Re: Bill Collins is not amused.

As a present my father unknown to me, bought me the black Delorean
cupholder that Don Steger sells.

Have you ever thought of just buying one of those? It actually isn't
that bad of a design. Works for what you need it for.

-Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
wrote:
> With my luck, and the way I make impressions on people, most
likely,
> he is.
>
> Reminds me of a story. My buddy, his wife is a teacher. And one of
her
> best friends in college teaches on a military base in Italy, as
she's
> been married to a local Itallian guy for a few years now, and
wants to
> stay in Italy. Last year, they went to go visit them over there in
Rome.

> So my buddy was at this dinner party with his wife, their friends,
and
> some other people that they invited. And the conversation started
up
> about cars. And this one gentleman was trying to ask what the
fixation
> with cupholders is all about with Americans. Over the years, he's
sold
> a few of his cars to various Americans who were stationed there,
and
> almost all were puzzled when they found no cupholders in these
cars.
> And he couldn't figure out why we keep such a high priority on cup
> holders in our cars. He was saying something to the effect
of, "When
> you're cruising along at 130 so km/H, why can't just just
appreciate
> the fineness of the automobile? The craftsmanship of the coachbuilt
> interior, the technology and precision of the drive train, and the
> overall exhilerating experience? Why do you all worry so much about
> keeping your bottle of Dr. Pepper near by? And so the conversation
> when on about European cars.
>
> So my buddy says, "Yeah, my friend back in the states loves
European
> cars, and owns one." The guy asked what kind, so he told him that I
> own a DeLorean. The guys eyes lit up, he said. He was excited! Ital
> Design!, Guiargio! Built in NI, engineered by Lotus, etc. He
rattles
> off a whole bunch of stuff about the car. And then he asked how I
> enjoyed the car. My buddy told him how much I really do love the
car,
> how comfortable, and ergonomic it is, etc. Although I only had one
> true complete. Eager to know (because he's never known someone who
> owns a DeLorean) he asked all serious like, what I was dipleased
with.
> My buddy told him it was becase the car had no cupholders.
According