[DMCForum] Re: Engine crank...SHE START!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

[DMCForum] Re: Engine crank...SHE START!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

Hi Erik.

Congratulations on getting the engine running.  Your car must be
looking pretty sweet by now.  You must be looking forward to driving
it.

Rick.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMC Erik <dmcerik@xxxx> wrote:
> I tightend the bolt down just a fuzz more and it fixed my leak.  My
goal is to have the thing driving by next tuesday.  The next main
thing to do is to get a front, and possibly a rear end alignment.
Then...off to the A/C shop to get my system charged.  Can't wait!
Its been a long time coming.
> My neighbore saw me jumping up and down after it started and came
over to see what was going on.  We toasted with a couple of beers.

> Erik
>

> Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey Erik,
>
> Yes...this is correct...and make sure that the connection is
tight...I
> managed to find a fuel filter that didn't allow the banjo bolt to
screw
> all the way down...so I had to add a second crush washer....just
make
> sure the connection is tight and you can't move it around.
>
> Good luck, and congrats!!
>
> -Josh
>

> DMC Erik wrote:
>
> > Ok, so.  She runs great.  No problems with that.  I fixed the gas
leak
> > by the accumulator.  I have one on top of the fuel filter now.  I
> > can't remember if I put the proper washers on top.  How many
washers
> > go on top?  is it two?  one between the filter and banjo and
another
> > between the banjo and the bolt?
> >
> > DMC Erik <dmcerik@xxxx> wrote:No sooner did i hit the "send"
> > button on my last email that i realized....you know what, i bet i
> > didn't get enough gas to the engine yet.  I put gas in...but
didn't
> > make sure it went all the way back....so i filled her up with 5
> > gallons.  A couple of turns and she started right up and idles
just
> > fine!  I notice a small gas leak coming from the accumulator
> > area...i'm going back into the garage right now to fix that.
> >

> > Erik
> > 04512
> >

> > DMC Erik <dmcerik@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi, i'm finishing up the restoration on my car.  Heres a bit of
> > background on the story:
> >
> > Car ran perfect before restoration, but the frame was bad.
> > new frame on there now and I'm finishing up connecting everything.
> > my dad is an electricion and went over the entire car as we were
> > connecting everything (no ground issues..i'm sure of it)
> > I've connected everything but the back fascia and fiberglass
board
> > that goes behind it.
> >
> > Ok, so the car cranks over just fine.  I can hear the idle speed
motor
> > buzzing and the fuel pump humming.  I hear the RPM relay
clicking.  It
> > cranks but doesn't fire.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Erik

> >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

> >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

subject=Unsubscribe>

> >     * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> >       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

Service.