[DMCForum] fuel pump/boot question

Alright, here's a crazy question from someone who thinks up stuff
that "could," but hopefully won't go wrong.

If you keep your gas tank fairly full in your DeLorean, but only
drive it every week or two, does this slowly eat at the
susceptible parts of the fuel pump/boot (or whatever the rubber part
is in the fuel tank that turns to sludge and mush) ?
Meaning, if those parts are submerged in gas much more than exposed
to air, can this still do very slow damage?

Or does this ONLY happen when the gas goes bad from sitting for
months?

Just curious.  I know it's nuts, but if there's an advantage to
keeping your gas tank more towards the full or empty side on
a "weekend" car, I'd like to know.

-Derek L