Re: [DMCForum] Re: Age old question....

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Joe OBrien wrote:

> In the Deloreans I use synthetic 15w30 I believe off the top of my head
> (boxes are in the garage) But be damn sure you don't have any oil drips,
> or it will drip 10 times worse than conventional oil.

This is [now] a myth.  In the past, synthetic oils leaked worse than
conventional oils because the uniform molecular dimensions of the
synthetic base improved capillary action through small holes, thus
increasing flow rate.

All modern synthetic oils use nonuniform molecules for the base, and
therefore do not leak any faster than conventional oils.

-andrew