Re: [DMCForum] Catalytic Converter Thread From DML (Marc)

Re: [DMCForum] Catalytic Converter Thread From DML (Marc)

--- content22207 <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Tuning and wear aren't caught if your vehicle isn't
> subjected to
> emissions testing.

Again, we are talking about DeLoreans which are not
(yet?) exempt from emissions testing.

<SNIP>

> F150's hardly qualify as "monster trucks". For true
> power, such as
> towing, there indeed is "no replacement for
> displacement" (surely you
> are not advocating the abolition of towing). My
> "daily" errands
> actually occur about 3 times per week -- I live
> alone. Total travel
> encompasses a couple of miles -- I live in a small
> town. I also hit
> all 3 grocery stores in one circular trip -- I'm a
> slave to the sale
> papers.

The discussion is about you advocating the removal of
a CAT converter..  So, maybe you can rationalize why
it is OK for YOU to do it to your own car, but don't
suggest it to others.

<SNIP>

> No, I advocate transportation alternatives, such as
> *REALISTIC* buses
> and railroads. These are indeed prevalent in the
> northeast corridor,
> but elsewhere in the country they are a joke. North
> Carolina has not
> one single mass transit system (commuter railroad,
> subway, light rail,
> etc). Some of the bigger cities have nearly viable
> bus systems, but
> there's absolutely nothing in the provinces. My
> closest bus system is
> Fayetteville, which only operates a couple of routes
> downtown from
> 9:00-18:00 -- not realistic.

Agreed!

> You'll be happy to know the Lincolns are moth-balled
> until I am again
> employed (to save insurance costs). And when they
> are re-activated, I
> will still consume less fuel than a Prius owner
> driving 60 plus miles
> each way to work in urban squalor!

Because you drive less than the Prius owner does not
make it OK to pollute more than you should otherwise.
But again, this is a personal choice you have made for
yourself.  Why do you need to advocate an illegal and
immoral thing to the rest of the DeLorean owners?

> Re-read the original message -- I never advocated
> modifying anything.
> I did mention it as an option (it *IS* an option, is
> it not?). In
> fact, I specifically stated that "Catalytic
> converters are available
> for [DMCH and DMCUK exhaust systems]". No credit for
> saying something
> "right", eh?

Every time anyone has a problem with their car, It is
like clock work that you chime in and say "I don't
have that problem, because I am running a cacarburetor
or "I don't have CIS", "I removed my CAT"...  IMHO, it
is irresponsible.  Plenty of people read these lists
and don't understand the full ramifications of these
modifications.

Here is how you make a nuclear bomb from items you can
find around the house.  It is easy, and cheap...  BUT,
it is only an option.

> Ask Martin to pass you the Chapstick when he's
> finished and get in
> line behind him...

No idea what your talking about, but I assume it is
some immature reference.  Do you need to take it to
that level?