[DMCForum] Re: Consider this: The sun is hollow.

[DMCForum] Re: Consider this: The sun is hollow.

That is a very interesting fantasy concept, except that it's flawed
because of basic science.

Candle wicks do not turn black because they have absorbed any kind of
a dark mass. They turn black because of a chemical change. The intense
heat of a flame carbonizes the material, as it is charred.

Light bulbs do not glow because they have absorbed dark mass around
them. They glow because the tungsten particles inside have become
excited by the flow of electrical current. This causes them to move
rapidly, and of course glow. A byproduct of this exertion of energy is
heat. More efficent light sources are able to offset the balance of
lumens vs. heat. Hence why a flourescent light bulb can displace
simular lumens as an incandescent bulb, but operate cheaper. It simply
doesn't displace as much heat, so the extra consumption of electricity
is not nessisarry in the production of photons.

A picture hangs on the wall. White light bounces off of it. The
pigment of the material filters out certain colors of the spectrum,
and then reflects back certain colors of the visable spectrum. Hence,
you only see certain colors that make up the picture that you're
looking at. Taking this "theory" even further, how is it possible for
camera film to develop, if darkness is an energy, and photons are not?
After all, the colors that are filtered thru pigments, and reflect
thru a camera lense, burn onto the film. How would the darkness theory
work then? (although I admit it would be interesting to selectivly
fiter out individual colors of the spectrum by magneticly pulling them
out: see paragraph after next)

As things age, light boucing off of the pigments will slowly bleach
them out, and they'll loose all color as they are bleached. Black
appears dark, because it absorbs the light. And as the pigments are
bleached out to lighter colors, such as gray, the black begins to
fade, as it begins to reflect more light.

Such is how a "Black Hole" operates. It's magnetisim is so great, that
it attracts both mass, and light photons. So since we cannot see any
light relfecting back at all, the mass is then black, due to it's
absence of light.

Darkness is simply an absence of light. Light is not an absence of
darkness. If not, then how else could we explain this:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/242698.asp?cp1=1

-Robert