[DMCForum] Re: BTTF car up for auction..

[DMCForum] Re: BTTF car up for auction..

In a word, Fuck George Barris! George is a no-talent hack. It was his
brother who was always building "Kustoms". Ever notice how after his
brother died, Barris stopped cranking out cars?

All Barris does is obtain a license for a car, and then builds shoddy
replicas to parade around on his own. Even allot of the cars that he
currently has are nothing more than replicas of the originals that
his brother built. And most of the time his attention to detail is so
inept, he won't even use the same car.

Barris did NOT built the BTTF DeLorean, the Futura Batmobile,
nor "Black Beauty" from The Green Hornet.

http://www.katoman.com/green%20hornet%20folder/black_beauty1.htm

Barris also has a VERY nasty habit of trying to pass off replica cars
as the real thing. Which is what got his ass into so much trouble
down in Florida, when a museum auctioned off a Ford Torino with a
body kit, advertised as an original car from the Batman TV series.

As a fabricator, Barris' shop has cranked out the most mediocre cars
that I have ever laid my eyes on. Take a look, and you'll see that
most of *his* cars are square, with rounded, bubble corners. The only
thing that makes them look so unique, are the wild paint jobs.

I don't care how many cars that they house, what kind of archives
they keep, or how *knowlegable* their curators are. I have no respect
for the Peterson Automotive Museum, since they are willing to give a
fraud like Barris his own exhibit.

Oh, and while I'm on my rant about automotive hacks, screw Boyd
Coddington too.

-Robert