RE: [DMCForum] DeLorean Sports Car DVD on Ebay

RE: [DMCForum] DeLorean Sports Car DVD on Ebay

Actually, I have been contacted by the person who claims to be the first
person to record all of those video clips that are on my DVD.
He says he has them on Betamax, and would like to let me use them to
remaster the videio
and make it look as good as it can.
I think he understands that I am in essesnce helping the "community" by
keeping the
interest alive and putting out positive information about John and the car
by making
it available to people with new interest.

You might be "giving it away" but only with your close buddies, people who
already
know about the car. I don't see you investing any of your time and money to
attract
new people. So although you don't accept money for the videos, you are still
getting paid
if nothing more than feeding your ego, or trying to buy respect within your
click.
You are the same pirate I am.
You are making copies, editing and distributing material that does not
belong to you.
You use it as leverage to try to make yourself look good, for selfish
reasons.
I use it to fund itself.
I charge very little money, I don't gouge the price and I don't charge for
shipping.
Traditional pirates, like the assholes I bought the tapes from in the first
place charge
$20-$50 per crappy VHS tape.
I must have spent over $500 in these tapes, most of them the same in an
effort to
get the best quality possible.

My goal with the DVD was not profits, but affordable education.
Otherwise, I would be chargeing $20+ for it like the jerk in the UK does who
rips me off.
The material on my DVD has no owners, the old talk shows do not exist any
longer,
the production company who made the commercials were contracted to make them
for the
DMC company, making them the property of DMC, which does not exist,
therefore the commercials
are public domain. The same is true for the "Dealer Prospectus".
Anyone who feels they "own" it has been ripped off.
I am knowledgeable about "public domain" and have an entertainment lawyer
who
handles this stuff for me.
The television network I work with deals largely with public domain titles
and we have learned
an awefull lot about what you can and can not do.

The real truth is Marc, you don't like me.
I don't like you either.
Instead of a "dunking booth", Ken needs to set up a boxing ring.

- VB