From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Marc Levy
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:26 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Porsche Transmissions.

Thanks for the info Bob..

For 6068, I think I want to stick with a STD trans.
Although someone on this list suggested a 901 I have
not had much luck finding someone with a 901 built to
take 300HP.  The suggestions I am getting are to go
with a 83-86 911 transmission (915).  I have yet to
locate a reasonably priced transmission.

With the high prices I have been finding on that 915,
I started to think about the G50 6 speed box.  If I am
going to spend the money, might as well get an extra
gear!!  However, I remember Jim put the G50 in his
rotary powered DMC and someone said he needed to cut
the frame??  It is unclear if he needed to cut the
frame for the engine, or for the trans.  Does anyone
know if the 6 speed G50 will fit without hacking the
DMC frame?

I was considering the 4HP22HL for 01860 (legend car).
The automatic works well with the turbo, but the stock
DMC box just cant take the abuse....  and 3 speeds
simply SUCK.  It needs a 4 speed.

What years/model Porsche used the 4HP22HL?

Does the 4HP22HL use the stock axles??  or will I need
custom shorter ones, like you had made for the
tiptronic?