RE: [DMCForum] locks left/right

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, timnagin wrote:

> You said, "If I disconnect both switches and short the trigger wires to
> ground on the harness in the relay box, the locks cycle as they should every
> single time without fail.  Same goes for shorting the trigger wires to
> ground in the doors."
>
> I am just throwing this out there as a "what the hell" kind of thing, but
> have you checked the connections under the T-panel?

Wouldn't continuity problems under the T-panel show up when I'm shorting
the trigger wires in the doors to ground?  That is, unless it's my ground
that's giving a problem, since in testing, I'm shorting directly to the
door, where the system is using a long ground wire.  That's something I
don't actually recall checking.  I'll have a look at that tomorrow.  I've
buttoned everything up for the night.

I should also mention that all my continuity readings are after a thorough
cleaning of every plug and all the connections on the wipe switches, so
it's not just dirty old contacts.

If I find a ground problem between the door and the relay box, that's no
big deal.  I don't suppose there's anything wrong with connecting the
ground wire on the wipe switch connectiong directly to another good ground
in the door.  I plan to have my T-panel off pretty soon anyway, so I'll
have a chance to run a good wire then if I need it.

> Did you check continuity all the way through to the doors and while they
> open and close?

I haven't.  Right now, I'm operating with the doors open all the time (but
the latches closed, of course).

-andrew