RE: [DMCForum] Spring Social... funny stories?

RE: [DMCForum] Spring Social... funny stories?

I took my D out to a local car show this weekend. . I thought it was
going to be a small affair, but there were over 120 cars there -

Anyways, I always like standing by the car to answer any questions and
also to listen to the comments that people make. The ones that always
amaze ma are the people that know it's my car, and are talking so matter
of factly to their friends or children about the car, and are SO
COMPLETELY WRONG!  I hate to correct people in front of their kids
(sorry sonny, but your dad is a dumb ass, etc.), but also have education
as one of my main goals with regards to shows . . .

Although I did get my share of BTTF comments, I don't think there was a
single coke joke (that was a nice change).  The best parts for me were
1) meeting a mechanic in the area who has worked on D's in the past and
offered his assistance if I ever needed any advice, and 2) meeting a
lady who said she always wanted one and ALMOST got one - hopefully got
the spark going again, as I am going to point her to some D resources to
see if we can find her a good D to purchase.

(winning $155 in a 50/50 drawing didn't suck either)

Michael