RE: [DMCForum] Hummer parts...

> What is the engine for the military application then?

They run straight n/a diesels.  The turbo is a civilian accomodation.

>It should still
> fit with little to no modification.  More than likely, it is just a
> restriction on how the engine performs.

Exactly.  I once drove a  non-turbo Hummer and it was the slowest
thing on the road.  It chunk-ka-clunked along with absolutely no
power.  Great for combat situations but not really what I'd want to
be driving on the highway.

As an anecdote - and I just thought of this the other day when
someone asked me how fast I ever drove my H1.  The answer is -
and this is for real -  I have cruised along at 88 mph.  Above that, the
truck feels very unstable and it gets scary.