From: therealdmcvegas [mailto:dmcvegas@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 2:08 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Electric powered DeLorean

The car was confiscated by the government, as evidence in the trial
against him. I'm curious as to what happened, because who knows if
it'll be cheap at auction once everything is said and done. :)

Tilly has some pictures on his website of the car, and of the
installation process of the electric motor into the car.

He got busted on some serious fraud charges, and it's not the first
time that things like this have happened. He took the car out for a
test run, and claimed that the bearings went out on one of the wheels.
And apparently there were some hard core DeLorean people on hand at
the track that were willing to help him, but he wouldn't let anyone
near the car. An insignificant replair, that I once read on the DML
could be done roadside in an extreme case, but the car never saw the
light of day again. It is believe that it was running on battery
power, and not a seperate internal powersource.

Here's a couple of great links if you're interested in Tilley's Car/Scam:

http://www.greaterthings.com/News/Tilley/