Re: [DMCForum] Appeal for a move to a more MODERN FORMAT

Re: [DMCForum] Appeal for a move to a more MODERN FORMAT

One of the issues about having an advanced forum like a PHBB is that
although the forum is free, the server required to carry it is not.
My thought would be that each member would contribute a very small amount
when joining,
something like .50 or $1 maybe, this would cover sever fees and would also
allow enough
space and bandwidth to host lots of video, audio, photos....etc.
Also, by using Paypal as the way to collect the fees we would have a record
of the
members with name, address, etc... this would cut down on the riff-raff
quite a bit.

The reason we come together to talk is to talk about DeLorean related
issues,
religeon and politics have nothing to do with the technical aspects of the
car
and individual disputes should not consume all of the talk time.
I spend very little time reading the posts, just delete, delete, delete....
Usuing an advanced forum allows all of us to post in particular catagories,
to have private chat discussions, or share images and other media.

I would be happy to build this forum if there is enough interest in it and
it would get traffic.
I already run over 20 websites, and have several large forums running.

-Videobob

>From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
>To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Appeal for a move to a more MODERN FORMAT
>Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:55:57 -0500
>
>Konrad,
>
>I admit that the Yahoo e-mail format for having
>discussions -- it sucks.  There are advantages for
>preferring e-mail.  The biggest for me is that I only need
>to be online for a few minutes to download my mail.  Then I
>read & answer them all off-line.
>
>I think that there are too many people used to this style of
>doing things to make a message board format really popular.
>However, there is a guy who has offered to host message
>board software that can be made to parallel an e-mail group
>& vice versa.  I suppose that none of this will happen
>unless I just go & do it.  I have too much to keep up with
>already!
>
>Walt

click here