From: Packodenton@xxxxxxx [mailto:Packodenton@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:26 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Returned Telex/Factory Papers

Thank you James Espey for returning the DMC Telex/Factory papers back to me.
They arrived here this afternoon.

The hundred or so telexes that I have are dated from December 1979 to
November 1981 and range in topic.

1.  Renault PRV engine changes for the DMC12
2.  prototype parts availability and changes at Lotus/Dunmurry.
3.  Assembly plant construction, tellus carrier costs, and conveyer belt
costs & installation.
4.  Changes in stainless panels & stainless panels DMC had to scrap.
5.  Some early VIN cars & quality control problems with unattached parts.
6.  Legend Turbo cars and engineering cars that were shipped to USA
7.  Renault Alpine sports cars that DMC owned as test pilots for DMC12
8.  assembly plant employee training in Paris and California.
9.  QAC orders for replacement parts
10.  VINs damaged in shipment.
11.  NIDA investment in the factory from JZD
12. Hotel arrangement & factory tours for supplier representatives.
13. Middle east and RHD program.
14. electrical system problems
15. Automatic transmission engineering, parts and specs.
16. addition of pull strap for doors
17. test track guard rails
18. Bank account balances and several notices for overdrawn accounts
19. GPD account payments!
20. GM financial to supply $250,000 line of credit to DMC (increased to
$500,000) for purchase of steering columns, spark plugs, instrument cluster,
A/C
systems and other parts.
21.  Craig Radio service
22.  Employee/Executive Travel
23.  Board meetings in NYC and Belfast
24.  Inquires from prospective owners about features, performance numbers,
cost, etc.
25.  Telex from Marion Gibson to Mike Knepper about memos
26.  Telex from William Haddad about film on John DeLorean driving car at
Lotus in UK
27.  Renault telex to DMC about number of engines, and gearbox shipped in
1981. There were equal amounts of automatic and 5 speeds produced by DMC in
1981.

There are many more to sort out and arrange.

I will try to have the Telex's scanned & DMC/Lotus engineering photographs
available for the public to view.

Sincerely,
Mike Pack

click here