Re: [DMCForum] Re: Trademark

--- Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm watching and reading the interchange between
> Ryan and Marc and I
> was thinking  that they both were "right".  Then,
> damnit Marc, you did
> a VB sort of thing and said " I guess I have higher
> standards than
> you".  NO-NO-NO Marc!  You may have different
> standards than Ryan, but
> that doesn't make them Higher.

I understand what your saying Dick, but stand by my
statement.  As I said in a previous post, I feel the
DeLorean community is small enough to demand a higher
standard of our vendors.  ESPECIALLY one that has put
them self in a place that makes them more visible to
"the rest of the world".  In many cases, DMCH has
become a welcome mat to people looking to join the
club.

Apparently, Ryan thinks it is OK for them to profit
from artwork they did not create, or build a
reputation for.  Ryan also thinks it is OK for DMCH to
try and fool those who do not know better that they
are some sort of "official" in the DeLorean community
(Deciding who is a "proper vendor").  Ryan also thinks
it is OK to make up fake persons to shill on our
mailing lists.

My argument is that this behavior is below the
standard I want to see associated with a car I own.
As VB points out, there is an image associated with
the cars we drive and therefore even though I am not a
customer of DMCH I do have a big interest in how they
conduct themselves.

These behaviors are below my standards.  Therefore, I
must have higher standards.

> There isn't a business in the world that is perfect
> since all
> businesses are the result of a collection of
> imperfect humans.

I don't expect perfection.  The topics that seem to
come back up all of the time are not things that I
consider "mistakes".  Putting META tags for your
competition on your web site is not a human error.  It
is a calculated and deliberate action.

> DMCH has made some very stupid blunders!  AND, DMCH
> has filled a very
> important niche for many owners.  Now, you can argue
> that someone else
> might have filled that niche better, but that is
> just a very personal
> opinion.  No one else did fill that niche.  Had that
> happened, it
> might have been worse.

Your an old timer Dick..  How is your DeLorean
ownership significantly better since DMCH came to be?

> Imagine if ONE of the other vendors had filled the
> niche.

With all of the bad things said about Ed B, and
DeLorean One, I have never heard anyone say he was
doing something of questionable ethics.  The man runs
his business the way he sees fit, and makes no secret
of it.  Has Ed ever been deceptive?