[DMCForum] Goodbye.

Yesterday, I never got the chance to show off my car for St. Patricks
Day, because I was stuck at home with a severe migrane, and slept most
of the day.

And then last night after I felt a bit better, I went thru all my
recorded TV shows, and found a new documentary on the GTO. They had
some old rotoscope recording of Bunkie Knudsen at some awards
ceremony, and he was intruducing people. One of them was J.Z.
DeLorean. It was amazing to me. Not that he looked so young, or
different without the chin implant. But that it was the only time I'd
ever seen the man be bashful in front of a camera.

5 years ago I missed the opprotunity to meet the man in person, when I
was on a business trip to the East Coast. And now, I now that the
opprotunity is forever lost for me. One of 3 things I truly regret.

I don't have the right words to describe how much of a disappointment
all this is to me, to have to hear this, and to know how this will
end. It's always heartbreaking to hear when your most respected, and
beloved heros fall. Even more so when there are in a situation like
this, and you know that there is nothing that anyone can do for them.

Just as Dylan Thomas once wrote, "Do not go gentle into that good
night", so will I not go gently down that good highway. I will drive
in proud defiance of everyone who ever criticized my car, to snub
those who looked down onto it, and to prove foolish everyone who ever
said that it could not be done.

I never met the man, so it would be rude of me to call him a friend,
since I did not know him. Although loosing a friend is certainly what
this feels like. I can only hope that perhaps maybe one time, he read
one of my posts, are realized how passionate I was about this car, and
the principals behind it. Because I know that unless someone was there
to read this to him, there is no way he'll ever know that I wanted to
say "Hello", let alone "Goodbye" at this imporant time. And I doubt
that anyone could do this for me.

So thank you John for making your dream into a reality, so that we all
could enjoy it. Especially myself. Goodbye, and I hope to see you on
the other side, if I can make it....

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"
And damn proud to bear the name "De Lorean" on my bumper.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxx> wrote:
> I have heard JZD had a stroke yesterday. Is this true?
>
> This is what i just read....
>
> http://www.entermyworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1002
>
> Mark V

click here