[DMCForum] Re: Full engines from PAR International different PRV

[DMCForum] Re: Full engines from PAR International different PRV

That could have been the source of my Renault block. PO told me it
came from Ohio (area code 614?). Is indeed 2.7 liter. An attempt was
made to transfer CIS to it, but the upper air assembly isn't set up
for CIS (no place to attach or trigger a microswitch). Is also missing
sensors in the water distribution pipe. PO had it wired full time
active, which must have over stressed the idle speed motor. Became
cantankerous and ultimately failed closed at a stoplight. Had
excellent success idling the engine manually however (Renault style),
especially after a major vacuum leak caused by misseating the intake
manifold was corrected! (Was cocked by one of the unused electrical
connectors underneath). Then a hole ate through the top into the upper
oil galley...

My current Peugeot block came new in a crate for $500. Am happier with
it (not K Jetronic), but I do miss 9.5:1 compression. One of these
days I hope to fix the hole in my Renault block and swap the carb'd
intake to it.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Upyourarsesp@xxxx wrote:
>
> I have an advertisement from PAR international, Inc. in the back of
Autoweek
> Magazine November 9, 1992, page 34. The engines they have/had for
sale reads;

> New PVR - V6 Engines 2.7 liter, EFI, Complete w/electric $1,795.00
ENGINE
> only. (picture advertisement has engine attached to automatic
transmission)
> PAR International, Inc.
> 614-4971234 Engine sales division.

click here