RE: [DMCForum] DMC Wine..

Sorry you were offended Rob,
I was not offended by you and our business.
I have not spent much time on this subject and I don't bad mouth you to
others,
however I have brought up this subject before.
I know that my description sounds worse than it really was and I am not
making you out to be a parts bully. That is why I have mentioned before that
I have made other purchases from you and have had a wonderful experience.
I got my items fast, well packaged and your staff is friendly.
And, I know that you are a legend in the community.
I will not deny you these things.

However, I do feel that you dictate the terms of how you do business.
You sell to who you want and on your terms.
As you said yourself, you do not let people pick and choose the parts they
want.
You made it clear to me that you were not going to sell me just one part or
the other, but that the only way I would get that coveted flap hood is if I
bought it, the front left fender, fascia and all associated hardware from
you at your price, and that you also wanted my old parts sent back to you.
Do you dissagree with this?
I don't think I misunderstood you when you told it to me.
I felt you were stringing me along with the hood, and when you learned that
I bought most
of my front end parts you told me the hood was now "not available".
You also said you would not work with my adjuster unless you were providing
all of the parts.
I can understand this, so I don't blame you.

As far as the parts lists, I agree that I was slow to get you that
information.
I remember telling you that I needed "everything on the front end" that I
would need the
fascia and any and all associated mounting hardware.
I figured that after your years of working with the cars you would know
exactly what I needed and you wanted me to make a detailed parts list, which
was understandable but I did not have the reference materials to do so.
I used the DMCH website as my reference site.
In the end, it was the research I used from their website that led me to buy
from them.

So in the end I think what I should really say to put an end to my statement
is that if you live close enough to PJ Grady's shop and want to have lots of
quality in house work done, by all means take it to Rob.
However, if you want to peice meal parts then Rob might not be the best
choice as he is very busy with bigger and more important projects, and if
you are new DeLorean owner who needs someone to hold your hand like I needed
then you might need to call another vendor who is willing to do so.

I appologize if that is a back handed compliment, but that is what I have
managed to learn from my experience and your response to me.

As far as my crass comments,
you are right Rob, it was uncalled for.
I get carried away when talking with some of the other hooligans here on the
list, who also use crude language and say things that might not be said in
public.
That statement is something I would jokingly say amung friends, but not in a
public forum.
it was also another reference to the movie "Full Metal Jacket" that I was
qouting from earlier.
I sometimes forget that aside from the few people who are constantly posting
here there are many others who are just lurking and may not appreciate these
rants, however this forum is touted as the uncensored version of the DML
where anything goes.

Rob, I make no prejuduce of who I buy parts from.
I buy from every body.
You were unwilling to match price and service of your competition, and it
was the other vendors who benifited from this in getting many thousands of
my dollars.

If you have a lined or flap hood to sell me, I would still be interested if
the price is in my range of affordablity. I will gladly continue to do
business with you in the future.

And, as far as my comments about CHI-06 and the "Videobob booth", yes, I
meant people would
love to stand in line to meet me so they can tell me off, throw things at
me, whatever.
I take great pride in my powers, my powers of suggestion that with a simple
sequence of letters typed out on a page can affect the emotions and
descisions of so many people.
Good or bad, it is a gift.

Good luck to you and your family Rob Grady.

- Videobob

'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/HliolB/TM