Re: [DMCForum] A/C question

--- Lauren <LPLand@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, Marc, I never got as far as feeling the hoses
> in the wheel well.
> When I ran the car with the door open I could hear
> the relay for the
> compressor clicking on and off every 20-30 seconds
> so I just shut it.
> I think I need to track down the reason for that
> first.  It did that last
> year when I first bought the car but after I had it
> charged the
> compressor would stay on.  Or else I thought it did

Compressor cycle is an indicator of freon level BUT
you have to consider the ambient temperature.  Dont
assume that because it cycles that there is a problem.
Go ahead and check the temperature anyway.

> -- I seldom use
> the A/C and just tried it yesterday for the first
> time since September.
> I did notice that I get no airflow on "heat" and

Do you get airflow on AC? Sounds like you have a
problem with the actuators or doors in the heater
box..  or maybe a bad mode switch.

> when the compressor
> kicks off and on my SpecialT fan fix light comes on
> and goes off (the
> fan fail light).  Something's screwed up to say the
> least.

With the SpecialT fan fix, I think the light is
supposed to come on with the fans... the fans come on
with the compressor, so this sounds OK.

> Is that the same as the accumulator - the silver
> cannister under the
> wheel well?

Yes.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!