[DMCForum] Stainless Frame Vs Galvanising.

[DMCForum] Stainless Frame Vs Galvanising.

Hi all,

On the subject of Galvanising DeLorean frames, I think there would
definitely be a market for someone to remanufacture the DMC frame in
the style of the Pearce frame, in mild steel, galvanised and
powdercoated. It would offer the great benefits of the Pearce frame
such as the redesigned trailing arm attachment, greater strength than
the original, completely rustproofed (a galvanised and powdercoated
frame should last at least 75 years before any rust shows through,
probably even much longer than this!). In addition to these benefits,
it would look completely original, and should cost significantly less
that the Stainless version.

Would Bryan Pearce consider doing this as he already has the facility
to remanufacture the frame? Have any of the major service centers
considered a project like this?

Thanks for any feedback!

John

click here