Re: [DMCForum] Bottoming out

I also have the Eibach springs on my car (from PJ Grady).
I do have trouble with speed bumps, regardless of how slowly I take them.
I also have some trouble with my front tires rubbing the stainless
when I am turning and going over some bumps, like when I turn into my
driveway.

However, problems with my tires rubbing are not new; I had this
problem much worse before I replaced the shocks and springs; I think
there was a problem with the old shocks.  I had a local shop install
these parts, and there is still an outstanding question as to whether
or not I may be missing some sort of spacer at the top of the spring.

I shudder to remember one time when my car bottomed out on a
severely-crowned road for no apparent reason.  I was convinced that
something major had let loose, and I was going to have to have to get
the car loaded on a truck in the middle of nowhere.  On closer
inspection, one of my tires was WAY low, and cost me the clearance
that I needed.  Those tires are nothing but a memory now, and good
riddance.

click here