Re: [DMCForum] Another SUV comment.

I think part of the problem is that people have a
misconception of how their vehicles will handle. Some
people assume that the heavier their vehicle is, the
safer they are. Second, a lot of people miss the fact
that while four-wheel-drive (or for Subaru owners,
all-wheel-drive) will help you get going better than
2-w-d, it has nothing to do with your braking
capability.

This is not helped by commercials featuring women
driving SUVs and stopping suddenly in the rain to drop
off their dates, followed by announcers who say "The
new, all-wheel-drive X..." but hey, since when are
commercials realistic? If they were, I would be
wearing "Axe" cologne and scraping women off of me
with a shovel.

Farrar

--- Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Snowing here in NJ.  Left work a little early and
> took
> my normal route home.  It is an interstate-like
> highway where I usually set the cruse control at
> 75mph.
>
> Today, it was a sheet of ice.  I stayed in the right
> lane and never got above 30mph.  Every once in a
> while
> I would goose the gas to see if I had traction, and
> never did.
>
> Every mile or so, there was a SUV stuck in the
> median,
> or off on the side.  I saw one car stuck in the
> median, and another that was hit by a SUV.  So, my
> count of the 20 or so disabled vehicles 18 were
> SUV's...  Considering SUV's represent about 25% of
> the
> vehicles on the road, I think the numbers
> demonstrate
> something.

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

=====
"Forty-two," said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.