[DMCForum] Crappy Car Show

I know that some of the people on this list enter their car in shows,
so I wanted to share my experience and blow off some steam.

For weeks now I have been looking forward to having my DeLorean in
our local car show. This is only the second car show that I have
entered, the first was a very small one for one day. This show has
about 150 cars and runs for 3 days. I went so far as to get two
20x30 posters made up with some info (which cost me a fortune, but
that's another story!). I made up my own stanchions, I had a small
blemish on my vinal repaired and did a few other fixes. All in
anticipation for the show.

Well today was setup day, so I show up to have my car put inside the
Civic Center. They put my car up against a wall near a dark corner of
a display area. Worse than that, my neighbors are go-cart vendors and
older chevy's and fords. And get this, the class they put the car in
(for judging) is Restored Contemporary - what the crap is that! The
D will be judged against original restored cars from 1965 thru 1990.
Now I didn't expect to win or anything but at least have a category
for classic sports or something. I thought that they might have some
jag's or lotus.

And guess where they have the Corvettes? Right in the middle of the
main show area. Who gives a sh#t about seeing a Corvette (no offense
to any Vett owners), I can see one of those any day of the week. I
put the car in the show becuase I thought people might be interesed
in seeing one up close and get some real info on in, now they can
all kiss my ass because this will be the last one I enter.

I was so livid that I couldn't even think straight. The only good
that came out of it was that I only had to clean half the car and I
didn't have to detail the inside because there isn't enough light to
show up any dirt.

Sorry for the rant but I had to blow off some steam!
Max
VIN 4819

click here