Re: [DMCForum] Re: AC Belt

The belt I took off the compressor was "continental",
I think it said made in Germany or something... May be
factory for all I know.

My alternator belt is longer than stock because of the
turbos.

I changed both belts last year, and both of them were
damaged (Compressor belt lost on the way to Pigeon
Forge, Alt belt lost a few months later)..  Good thing
I kept the old ones in the trunk.

In my case, the wider belt on the compressor (which is
worn, but still in good shape) worked better than the
replacement NAPA belt.  (dont know who makes the NAPA
belt)