[DMCForum] Re: damnit to hell (my poor engine)

[DMCForum] Re: damnit to hell (my poor engine)

I've owned this car since July of 2003.  At that time, the car was
full of vacuum leaks, and couldn't rev freely past 4 grand while in
neutral.  At the time I didn't know enough about cars to know that if
there's something floating in the oil - it's bad.

Since then I've been "fixing" it.  At one point the motor mount
casting broke off of the lower crankcase, and I learned how to pull
out a motor and transmission all by myself (with the help of the DML,
but yes, I do all of the work on my car myself).

Anyway, I finally got to drive the car again 2 weekends ago for the
first time in 1 1/2 years, and it starts fine, idles fine, drives
fine until you get to 3500 rpm where it would sputter.  It was still
driveable though, as long as you shift before that point.  Perhaps
above 3500 RPM it would start to really dump the ol' coolant into the
cylinder heads huh? :)  Just kidding, I never noticed any white smoke
in the exhaust.  So here I am pulling the oil pan to fix a leak, and
I notice the antifreeze in there.  What else could go wrong? :)  I
can't even mention all the new parts this car has.

Will running a coolant pressure test verify if I have a blown head
gasket?

thanks,

Matt

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
wrote:

> YIKES! Yeah, that would kinda change things there... But like with
my
> car, I had alot of water in the crank case because of a rotten valve
> cover gasket that was letting water in when I washed the car. The
soap
> is what also made it smell so sweat.
>
> The only way to truly tell what's going on it to presureize the
> cooling system here, and see where it leaks at.
>
> Also, when did all of your problems with this motor start?
>
> -Robert

click here